We deliver the majority of our wedding cakes, but we usually have at least one each week that gets picked up for one reason or another. Today we had one pick up... we'll call that couple Mike & Angie (because those are actually their names). :)
Mike & Angie were having an initmate wedding with about 50 guests and had selected a 2 tier stacked cake, the bottom was square and the top was hexagon and each had a different design.
So Mike shows up this morning all alone, telling me how nervous Angie is about the fact that he is delivering their wedding cake. I go to the back and produce the 14"X14"X14" box that holds their cake inside and I open it so that he can check it out. He gives the thumbs up and says she is going to love it... but then he asks the question "Can I have an extra box?". Initially,I think that the box is so that they can save any leftover cake, but in the next minute Mike unveils his hilarious and evil plan to me.
Here's the plan:
- Get an extra box (a big one, just like the cake was in)
- Buy 2 grocery store cakes and place them on top of each other inside the extra box
- Leave the real cake in his car and carry the "fake" cake into the reception site
- Fall down
- Open the box to reveal a ruined "wedding cake" to his soon to be bride
- Watch her get mad/sad/irate/etc
- Reveal the prank and get the real cake out of his car
- Beg for forgivness
- Find a ride home
If she did marry you... your first anniversary cake is on us!